Renew My Church
As we receive updates on Renew My Church, we will share them with you here.
January 21, 2017: Please click here for a letter from Cardinal Blase Cupich as well as an FAQ about groupings.
January 2017: The final grouping for St. Francis de Sales also includes the following:
Santa Maria del Popolo in Mundelein
St. Mary of the Annunciation in Mundelein
Transfiguration in Wauconda
Frasati Catholic Academy/Catholic Consortium of Lake County
Thank you to the more than 30,000 people who responded to the Renew My Church survey! Results are being tabulated and will be shared this summer. If you are interested in receiving periodic e-mail updates about Renew My Church, please visit www.archchicago.org/renew, where you may also listen to Archbishop Cupich's interviews on WGN Radio and WBEZ.
Important notes to remember about groupings:
- A grouping is a set of parishes that will plan together in “Renew My Church.”
- For some groupings, the planning process will result in reconfigurations.
- There will be groupings in which reconfigurations will not occur: Parishes in groupings without reconfigurations will be expected to plan for enhanced collaboration among each other and to identify how they may be called to further support parishes in other areas of the archdiocese.
- All parishes in the Archdiocese will be in a grouping.
- The current perspective is that 3-6 groupings could serve as pilots for the parish planning process in Fall 2016.